Today's modern technical companies need more than just top tech content writing.
Blu Mint Specialise In:
Conversion Rate Optimisation
Tech content writing is the ultimate inbound marketing solution. When you're creating content, you’re providing free and beneficial information to your audience, enticing newer customers to your website, and retaining existing ones through excellent engagement.
You’re also producing some major ROI for your business, as these content writing stats demonstrate:
- Content writing produces 3 times more leads as traditional marketing and costs 62% less.
- SMBs that use content writing get 126% more leads than those that don’t.
- 61% of online purchases are directly related to a customer reading a blog.
- Tech businesses that publish more than 16 blog posts a month get 3.5 times more traffic than those that create less than four posts per month.
Content equals business growth.
So, let’s get started with your tech content strategy.
Creating a tech content plan
Content exists everywhere, some would say it's saturated. And yet it is still the main medium to communicate with potential customers, either through writing or more visual media. What is evident, is that one size does not fit all when posting content on different platforms.
Social media content differs from blog content, that itself is not like website content. So, you need to know how to craft your tech content to reach your audience where they are.
Social Media tech content
Plus, should someone follow you on social media it could be considered a warm lead — they have already indicated that they are interested in what you have to say. So, your audience is waiting to engage with your net content.
Website tech content
Website content should prioritise in three areas: your persona or brand, your target keywords, and your product or solution. Like blog content, the copy on your website needs to guide and inspire visitors to your product or solution in a cohesive and logical way. Think of web content like a navigational map to your service or product.
Act with caution and do not turn visitors away through social media feeds and other distracting elements. Once you have enticed a potential new customer, websites must do all they can to keep them onsite, and that’s the key function of website content.
Blog tech content
The goal of blog content is to promote your business by attracting newcomers and bringing in qualified warm leads into the sales funnel. Blog content should be a free resource that’s not directly tied to sales, but a well-crafted piece of content to ultimately generate revenue for your tech business. As mentioned above, research has demonstrated that companies that blog more get more traffic and more leads than those that don’t.
Analysing your tech content writing
Lastly, and arguably most critical step in tech content writing is analysing your existing content. Without data, how do you know what you can improve?
There are several ways you could measure when analysing your content, so use your goals as a guide to set some targets. Whatever you want to accomplish with your tech content will help you determine your metrics.
What you analyse is completely up to you, but here are some ideas that we suggest for our clients to measure:
- Page Views: the number of views that your content page generates.
- Organic Traffic: the amount of traffic that arrives from search engines.
- Bounce Rate: the percentage of visitors who abandon your site after visiting only one page.
- Conversion Rates: the percentage of visitors that engage with a CTA (Call-To-Action).
- Engagement Rates: the number of people who interact with your content through comments, shares and likes.
- Audience Growth: either new leads or subscribers that are formed from a piece of content.
Get started with tech content writing
Tech content writing is an iterative process that tremendously rewards businesses with increasing their audience.
Once you have the content creation process nailed down, you’ll be able to create tech content that not only dazzles your audience but also skyrockets your business.