Social Media Management is a must for every business, everyone else is doing it, so why not you?Blu Mint Specialise In:
Social media management is the method of generating, scheduling, analysing and engaging with content posted on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn. All brands should employ social media as a way to maintain or improve their online reputation or to reach newer customers.
Social media management is also known as organic posting on social media, for example on Facebook. For social media ads, please read our paid social ads page.
Social media managers are adept at supervising social media activity, from responding to customer comments to developing a strategy on how to achieve long-term marketing aims by distributing original content. However, there are social media management tools that do the job yourself; you do not need to use an agency per se.
Whether you decide to do this yourself, with an in-house team or using an agency like ourselves, you should be doing it regardless. Read about social media tools here.
Social media now plays an integral cog in our business landscape. With 3.2 billion people now using social media globally, it can be assumed that it is here to stay. Using an agency or your own in-house tools can aid you in running a social media campaign and simultaneously reaching this vast audience.
Using social media management tools or an agency, you will be able to:
- Manage multiple accounts across various platforms
- Analyse social engagement
- Schedule posts in advance
- Monitor comments and respond adequately
- Receive comprehensive reports of the analytics
- Collaborate with team members on which content to post
As with any additional tool or service your company takes advantage of, the ultimate goal of social media management is to reduce time and improve engagement. So how does social media management benefit a business?
Social media tools and services are utilised to make marketing more manageable and to provide the appearance that a company’s online presence is active and happening. Social media software and services come with a pack of valuable benefits that will maintain your holistic marketing efforts and place your company professionally in front of a target demographic.
Social media management can aid your business by:
- Reducing time spent scheduling – by scheduling posts you avoid having to post at the peak posting times of the day.
- Increase authority – by posting on all platforms multiple times a day demonstrates an organisations authority
- Understand your audience – obtaining in-depth analytics that reveals who is following you, where they’re coming from, and what they wish from your business.
- Improve customer support – customers want answers immediately, so they now post, tweet and share on social media to obtain a response.
- Take control of your brand’s reputation – by monitoring comments and feedback more closely; organisations can respond quickly and deflate negativity of your brand.
- Foster innovation- by fostering creative collaboration across all platforms for each social media campaign.
Evidently, social media management has benefits. However, understanding how it works is the first step in deciding whether or not you should purchase some social media tools or our services for your own business.